Relationships Education will put in place the building blocks needed for positive and safe relationships, including with family, friends and online. Your child will be taught what a relationship is, what friendship is, what family means and who can support them. In an age-appropriate way, your child will cover how to treat each other with kindness, consideration and respect. Health Education aims to give your child the information they need to make good decisions about their own health and wellbeing, to recognise issues in themselves and others, and to seek support as early as possible when issues arise.
Through discussion and simple activities, your Reception child will be learning:
- To identify who can help, support and keep them safe.
- To understand the value of friendship and how to be a good friend.
- To demonstrate friendly behaviour, initiating conversations and forming good relationships with peers and familiar adults.
- To accept the needs of others and take turns and share resources.
- To recognise their own emotions to a range of different experiences.
- To understand what is safe to go in their body.
- To recognise which foods we need to eat more and less of to be healthy.
- To show some understanding that good practices with regard to exercise, eating, sleeping and hygiene can contribute to good health.
- To know how to keep safe online.
- To know the difference between safe and unsafe touch.
- To know that a baby comes from a mother’s tummy.
- To know the correct names for the parts of their body, including the parts that are private.