Hi Year 2
Here is your English work for the week. This work is available as a pack from the school office (see below).
Monday 1st February 2021
LO: To write sentences about a day in the life of a cat.
When you have finished
- Read your work to check it makes sense.
- Have you used adjectives to describe?
- Have you extended your sentences using connectives?
Tuesday 2nd February 2021
LO: To write sentences using adjectives and connectives.
Look at the patients in the waiting room. What do you think is wrong with them?
Which patient do you think this prescription is about?
Write a prescription for each patient in the waiting area.
Wednesday 3rd February
LO: To draft a persuasive note to Claude.
Thursday 4th February
LO: To write a persuasive note to Claude.
For today's lesson you will need:
- Your draft from yesterday.
1. Read your draft from yesterday.
2. Use a different colour pen/pencil (if you can) to edit and improve it.
Use your draft from yesterday to write your persuasive note to Claude.
Friday 5th February
LO: To use different types of conjunctions.
Choose a coordinating conjunction and rewrite the sentences.
Choose a subordinating conjunction and rewrite the sentences.
Write your own sentences with coordinating and subordinating conjunctions.